Most people fall in to two categories when it comes to change. Either they thrive on it and anticipate it with excitement or they dread it and avoid change at all cost. Which category do you fall in???
I use to think I was the one that thrived on change. I would pick up and go and change my schedule at the drop of a hat. I love to move and change states and welcomed change whether it be work, meeting new people, finding a church, etc. However, lately change seems a bit overwhelming. Maybe cause I'm not a young 21 year old seeking adventure and the unknown but a 34 year old mother of two very busy little girls and 6 months pregnant with another.
We have A LOT of change coming in the next few months. Some of which I'm anticipating with excitement and others I'm overwhelmed and dreading.
Let's start with the Exciting changes:
1. In a little over three months we will be welcoming our third daughter. I get so excited to think about adding to our little family and wondering if she will favor one of her sisters or look completely different. I wonder what her personality will be like and what her talents will be. This is a very HAPPY change and one that I know will impact our family in many positive ways!
2. We are moving Sept. 1st! We absolutely love this neighborhood and are excited to start as a family of 5 in this house. I'm excited to purge and get rid of a lot of junk. We are even having our very first family Yard Sale. I'm excited to decorate and get the girls both in their new big girl beds. I'm excited to set up the nursery and I'm excited because I will finally have a laundry room!!
3. Grace is returning to Atlantic Shores Christian School. She thrived last year in K-3 and I know will do wonderful things this year in K-4.
4. After three years of attending the same church and finding out that we were parting ways, we have found an AMAZING church (after searching for a few months) that we absolutely love and are excited about. God is moving mightily in the church and in our personal lives and I'm excited to see all the change that will take place in the near future.
Okay...so the not so exciting changes:
1. We are moving! hahaha. I know that I listed this in exciting but all the work that will need to be done up until Sept. 1st is overwhelming and daunting when you are 6 months pregnant with two busy toddlers. Three years and two kids in one house = a lot of stuff. Hoping to get rid of most of it and that makes it a little bit easier to deal with.
2. Reese is going to school. While I am excited that she will be learning and interacting with her peers on a daily basis, a part of me is not ready to send her out in to the world without mommy or daddy by her side. I'm also dreading the IEP (which will be happening in the next 30-60 days) because of the horror stories I've heard from other parents. We just have to pray and trust that the Lord will help us when developing and approving her IEP. Any suggestions you other parents have for me, I would love to hear them. I have learned some great tips already and plan on utilizing them.
3. Matt has been working a ton of hours. Running your own business requires that and I understand this however, lately it's really taken a toll on me and the girls. I miss my husband and the girls miss their daddy. The change in our nightly routine without him has not been easy. However, I know this change is temporary and once things slow down and he is able to schedule out his work better, we will get back to normal. I don't know how single mother's do it and I have a lot of respect for them after the past month that I've "felt" like one.
So whether you welcome change or avoid it like the plague, it's a part of life and it's how we grow and learn. I do find comfort knowing that no matter what the change, God is there to hold my hand through it, that I have a supportive husband, family and friends that are embracing these changes with me. :)