Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jesus Heals a Man's Hand....

I grew up in the church. Both my grandfather's and my dad were pastor's. I've always been told that the Bible is God's word and the ultimate "how-to" guide for life. I remember listening to all the stories in Sunday school about Jonah and the Wale and Daniel and the Lions Den. All were fascinating stories to a kid who's imagination ran wild. But as I got older, the bible became more of a "rules" book and harder to understand. Sure, I could quote bible verses and knew the basics but I didn't really study it or apply it to my daily life the way God intended us to do. In fact, there were several years that I was struggling with what I believed. Was it what I was taught or did I believe something completely different? After years of trying to live by my own guide (not successful mind you), I realized that I needed to turn back to the Lord and His word. He clearly states in Luke 11:9 "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Since having two special needs children, I've tested this and He has been faithful to reveal Himself in a real way to me. Now when I read the Bible, it's that exciting feeling I once got as a child, sitting in Sunday school listening to all the wonderful stories. I learn something new and God speaks to me in some amazing ways each time I open His word.

With my job I get the amazing opportunity to hear how God is working in ever day peoples' lives. I hear about miraculous healing's, salvation and deliverance, marriage restorations, miraculous survivals, and financial restorations. I hear how God heals and restores people that aren't even living for Him or know Him. He grabs their attention in such an extraordinary way that they have no choice but to acknowledge Him and give Him glory.

This has led me recently to wonder if maybe just maybe God could heal Grace...to give her back the area of her brain that was damaged by the stroke? To allow her right hand and leg to be as normal as her left hand and leg? Is it possible? I think anything is possible with God. Is it His will? I don't know and I'm okay either way. I have been praying and seeking the Lord about this exact subject of healing for a few weeks now. Tonight I picked up my bible and read Matthew 12:13 "Then Jesus said to the man with the crippled hand, 'Hold out your hand.' The man held out his hand, and it became well again, like the other hand." This not only excites me to see that God healed this man (whom we don't know what caused him to be crippled but it sounds like a hemi-CP to me) but that He is acknowledging my prayer and letting me know that He hears me. He is the same God yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He still performs miracles today! Do you need a miracle? Do you need something in your life that needs the healing touch of Jesus? All you have to do is ask, believe and you shall receive. Whether it's medical, emotional, spiritual healing...God hears you!!

1 comment: